Here’s a recipe for a delicious Mexican Mocha Coffee that combines the rich flavors of chocolate and coffee with a hint of spice from cinnamon and chili.
- 1 cup of hot brewed coffee (preferably a medium roast)
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- A pinch of chili powder (optional, adjust to taste)
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar (you can adjust this to your taste)
- 1/4 cup of milk or a milk substitute
- Whipped cream (for topping)
- A sprinkle of cinnamon or chocolate shavings (for garnish)
- Prepare the Coffee: Brew one cup of your favorite coffee. A medium roast works well for a balanced mocha flavor.
- Mix Dry Ingredients: In a small bowl, mix the cocoa powder, ground cinnamon, chili powder (if using), and brown sugar.
- Heat the Milk: Warm the milk in a small saucepan over medium heat or in a microwave until it’s hot but not boiling. You can also froth the milk if you like.
- Combine Coffee and Spices: Add the dry ingredient mixture to the hot coffee and stir until the cocoa and sugar are completely dissolved.
- Add Milk: Pour the hot milk into the coffee and spice mixture and stir well. If you’ve frothed your milk, spoon it on top.
- Garnish and Serve: Top with whipped cream, a sprinkle of cinnamon, or chocolate shavings for an extra touch of flavor and presentation.
- Enjoy: Serve your Mexican Mocha Coffee hot and savor the rich, spicy flavors.
You can adjust the amount of sugar, cinnamon, and chili powder to suit your taste preferences. Some might prefer a sweeter mocha, while others may want a bolder spice profile. Enjoy crafting your personalized version of this warming beverage!