Previously, I posted a simple version of iced coffee using instant coffee. But let me show you how to make a great tasting iced coffee using your regular coffee brewer
- Fresh Ground Coffee – twice the normal amount
- 8 cups of water
- 4-8 coffee ice cubes – always have them prepared in your freezer!
- Sugar or syrup – sweeten it with your favorite sweetner
How to Make Iced Coffee with Drip Brewer
- Make sure your brewer has enough space for double amount of your normal coffee, otherwise it will overflow
- Brew your double-strength coffee
- Cool your coffee at room temperature or put it in your freezer for 10-15 minutes.
- Prepare a glass cup and fill it with iced coffee cubes
- Sweeten your coffee as desired.
Few more tips on making iced coffee.. since I know how much sugar I need for my coffee, I add my sugar, Truvia, right after the coffee is brewed when it’s still hot. That way, I know the sugar is perfectly dissolved in my coffee. Another one is that I usually put my glass in the freezer for few minutes after putting ice coffee cubes. That makes the drink really chill when it’s served.
Lastly, after you are done with brewing, you are going to put another 4 cups of coffee and brew it again. You will be using the left over for making ice coffee cubes for later. When ice cubes are made, make sure to store them in a zip lock. Or your ice coffee cubes will taste/smell like whatever is in your freezer.