This showy drink combines spiced brandy, Grand Marnier, and a strong African roast such as Kenyan or Sumatran. Mason’s Restaurant used to create this popular drink tableside, using a saucepan and igniting the brandy before ladling the potent drink into a demitasse cup. It is no longer available at the restaurant (for the obvious fire-hazard reasons), but can certainly be recreated in your own home for special guests. The proportions have been changed to accommodate a coffee mug.
Archives for May 2005
* 1 large brandy snifter, preheated
* 10 ounces medium roast brewed coffee
* 1 1/2 jiggers Amaretto liqueur
* 1/4 cup lightly whipped coffee
* 1/2 teaspoon toasted, sliced almonds (optional)
1) Pour hot coffee in the heated brandy snifter
2) Stir in the liqueur.
3) Top with whipped cream and almonds, if desired.
3 cups strong coffee, chilled
1 cup half & half
4 scoops coffee ice cream
3/4 cup club soda
1 tbs sugar
Mix coffee, sugar and half & half. Fill 4 tall glasses about halfway. Add 1 scoop of ice cream to each, then fill up with soda. Top with whipped cream.
This coffee shake is a thick and chilly delight, flavoured with coffee and chocolate.
1 cup coffee, strong and cold
1 cup cold milk
10 ice cubes
1/3 pkg of instant pudding mix (chocolate)
2 tbs cocoa powder
Hazelnut creamer, to taste
Sugar, to taste
Combine everything in a blender, and blend until ice is crushed and shake is thick